|Home||» Products||» Single Unit Chrome Purifiers||» SINGLE UNIT DIAPHRAGM CHROME PURIFIERS|
SINGLE UNIT DIAPHRAGM CHROME PURIFIERS
SINGLE UNIT CHROME PURIFIER (3.3ltrs)
For the requirements of smaller bath volumes of Chrome Plating Baths, P. M. Recovery Systems has developed chrome purifier unit with single diaphragm which could be installed right inside the working chrome plating bath avoiding the cost of circulatory Pump/Outside treatment tank and extra electrodes.Also it saves a lot of space in the process.
The working technology is electrolytic separation based on electro- dialysis using diaphragm for the removal of metallic impurities such as Iron, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, Zinc & Trivalent Chrome and also re-oxidize trivalent chrome from all types of chrome plating solutions including hard chrome and decorative chrome plating baths.
Metallic impurities such as Iron, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, Zinc & Trivalent Chrome Migrate through the diaphragm to the cathodic compartment. Cations are reduced at the cathode resulting into evolution of hydrogen raising the pH of the Catholyte, this results into the metal hydroxides precipitation inside the cathodic chamber.
ADVANTAGES OF SINGLE DIAPHRAGM CHROME PURIFIER:
The Single Diaphragm Chrome Purifier can be installed on one side of the cathodic bus bar or at the corner of the working bath, whichever is suitable for the operator.
- The Unit takes very little space thus causes no hindrance to the operator.
- No need of any circulatory pump as the Diaphragm works while dipped in the working bath.
- The same DC Rectifier which used for the Chrome plating can be used in parallel for the punfien
- Easy to install and operate.
- The Single Diaphragm Chrome Purifier can be used while the plant is in operation.
- Maintenance Expenses are almost nil
PROBLEMS FACED WHEN LEVEL OF IMPURITIES GETS TOO HIGH:
- Rough or nodular deposits.
- Reduction in Cathode Efficiency.
- Deposits Dull.
- Reduction in Plating rate.
- Increase in Electricity consumption as higher voltage is requiredto get the desired amperes.
- Reduction of Bright Range.
- Reduction in covering Power.
- More variation in Deposit Thickness( Dog bone effect)
- Tendency of peeling off.
- Increased tendency for burning.
- Pitted Deposit.